What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add app to home screen

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just downloaded the Accuweather app and want to add it to favorites on my home screen. How do I do that?
Thank you.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a Favourites folder, tap the app until it wiggles, then drag it into the folder. If the folder is on a different homescreen, put it into the dock (at the bottom), slide to the right homescreen, and drag it into the folder.

If you want to put the app into the dock (the bar at the bottom with apps you use most), just drag the wiggling app icon downwards, and let go of it when it’s at the right place.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I was able to move it to the dock. When I open the home screen that contains the favorites if I try to move the icon to that list the app opens on the screen and will not move to the favorites list. Am I doing something wrong?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Drag the app into the folder. Before letting go of the app icon, make sure the folder enlarges a bit, or wait for it to almost fill the screen, like this:
20FFBB6D-A651-49FE-81E4-4447298213C5.png

and drag the icon into the square.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I tried this and whenever I release the app it opens rather than “drop” into the page.

amyberta

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I do is tap on the box with the arrow on top and scroll to where it says to add to home screen. Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts