What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adblock browser

I

islandman

Last edited by a moderator:

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally had to suck it up and use my Safari browser. Seems my Mercury browser keeps getting caught up in those iSO updates.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can find ad blockers for Safari on iOS 9 in the App Store. Search for content blocker.

OP
I

islandman

You can find ad blockers for Safari on iOS 9 in the App Store. Search for content blocker.
Could you name a couple please, I am fed up with the pop up telling me they are not suitable for this machine.

Oh, and I have dumped ad blocker browser

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Could you name a couple please, I am fed up with the pop up telling me they are not suitable for this machine.

Oh, and I have dumped ad blocker browser
Content blockers only work on a 64 bit device running iOS 9.

Purify is my favorite, but Refine is also very good. I have also tried 1Blocker and Blockr and they seem to be good as well. Keep in mind that using too many at once can cause Safari to become slow.

Some of the ad blocker developers have joined the Acceptable Ads program where they get money from big companies in exchange for whitelisting the ads from those companies. This defeats the purpose of the ad blocker and, in my opinion, is not worth using.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
None of them will down load on my iPad 4
The iPad 4 (originally marketed as iPad with Retina display, retrospectively marketed as the iPad 4) has the Apple A6X SoC, which is 32 bit. Content blockers only work on 64 bit systems. You'll need to upgrade to a newer device - iPad Air or newer and iPad Mini 2 or newer.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3. iOS 9 made Mercury so slow that I've gone back to Safari. For ad blocking, nothing works as well as Weblock, as it's not limited to ads on web pages. Its main limitation is that it only works on wifi connections--not on cellular--and each new wifi network requires 20 seconds of manual configuration the first time it's used.

Most reactions

Latest posts