1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Adapter IPOD dock to IPAD 2 - Help

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Madsbabz, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Madsbabz

Madsbabz iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey geeks :)

I have a radio with an Ipod dock.

I would like to connect my Ipad 2 on that dock. I have found alot of extender cables, but i cant find any adapters?

I would like an adapter to put down over the connecter so that it gets liftet so it can reach my Ipad?

2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I doubt an adapter will work, but please post back if you find otherwise.

I liked the design of a specific dock, but it was labeled only for iPod and iPhone. The sales guy said others had successfully used it with iPad, but when I got home and plugged it in, it didn't recognize my iPad (it recognized both my iPhone and iPod touch, though). I don't know if it's software/firmware incompatibility, or the electrical draw needed for an iPad vs. iPhone and touch. I ended up returning the dock and trying another of the same model in the store, which also didn't work with my iPad.
  3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    By the way, I've seen extenders on Amazon, if you want to search and try your luck.