What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ad notifications from some apps and games... Drives me nut!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Have you noticed lately that some apps or games are using push notifications to tell you about great savings, promotions and so on? Are you like me, being annoyed by those intrusive ads on your devices?

It is frustrating because I still want notifications for updates or new messages or whatever the app is doing. But I certainly don't want to be disturb by an ad saying that I can get credits for only 0.99$ for the weekend only...

I'm a bit scared to see that I get those annoying ads more and more. Last time, I simply deleted Haywire because of this.

Waiting for your comments...

VicoPad addict!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
Have you noticed lately that some apps or games are using push notifications to tell you about great savings, promotions and so on? Are you like me, being annoyed by those intrusive ads on your devices?

It is frustrating because I still want notifications for updates or new messages or whatever the app is doing. But I certainly don't want to be disturb by an ad saying that I can get credits for only 0.99$ for the weekend only...

I'm a bit scared to see that I get those annoying ads more and more. Last time, I simply deleted Haywire because of this.

Waiting for your comments...

VicoPad addict!

Yes, it's usually the free versions though, my Solitaire ( I know it's sad, but I like it) does this all the time. My other paid for games sometimes email me but all unsolicited ads are annoying. Sadly it pays for things.... Like this forum, wouldn't want to be without IPF :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Vintage90 said:
Yes, it's usually the free versions though, my Solitaire ( I know it's sad, but I like it) does this all the time. My other paid for games sometimes email me but all unsolicited ads are annoying. Sadly it pays for things.... Like this forum, wouldn't want to be without IPF :)

I don't mind receiving an email from time to time, but using the push notifications is a bit too far. It's like they would make my alarm clock go on to tell me that they have a sale this weekend...

VicoPad addict!

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know right? One of my apps actually woke me up in the middle of the night. It was particularly hair-raising because I had just been reading ghost stories before sleeping so I thought it was a ghost that did it! That's the main reason why I turn off push notifications when I'm sleeping.

Reaction score
Turn off notifications for the offending app only before going to bed?

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Most reactions

Latest posts