1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Ad hoq wifi doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by sp00n, Jul 1, 2012.

1. sp00n

sp00n iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! Registering here as a new the new iPad owner :)
    But at the moment have an issue with subj. Googling have no result :(
    I creating wifi network on my MacBook pro and choosing this new network in iPad's networks list. In about a minute ip address received. Turning on iTunes on MacBook. iTunes showing iPad in device list. Look like all is ok. Sync works fine. But if trying to send book/audio or video file - connection lost. File did not sending, iTunes did not showing iPad in device list and iPad's network settings are blank - no ip, map etc
    Any suggestions ?
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,000 / 0
    Hi there...I don't have an answer for you, but maybe others will. I don't know if this will help, but have you tried to power down your modem and router and start over? Also, are you trying to do a wireless sync, if so, maybe try connecting your iPad to to your computer and try again.

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
    Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
    Connecting to the iTunes Store.
    iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
    http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html
  3. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,314 / 0
  4. sp00n

sp00n iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for reply! All is excellent with wifi networking through router, problems with ad hoc (computer to computer) connection - it's very unstable. Sometimes it works, but most of time - doesn't.. :/
    I will post the results of my further explorations.
    thanks for the links ! Of course i'll examine them..
  5. sp00n

sp00n iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'll find that i just could not drag and drop pdf files with ad hoc wifi connection. audio and video files copiing by drag and drop, but pdf - not. as workaround - using synchronization. and cable of course..
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012