What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ad hoc network on ipad4

Garry83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

I brought an ipad 4 a few weeks ago. Therefore, I am a complete beginner on all things ipad4. So far I haven't jailbreak it yet and don't want to.

My questions is- can I cannect my ipad4 to an ad hoc wifi network ( I believe that's its name) If I can how is this done?

The reason for my question is that every day I have to take my laptop from home to work and back again. Due to its size, weight etc I am thinking of switching my laptop to ipad and taking my ipad to work. The problem is I need to have access to my works ad hoc network so I can post my work on there.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys

I brought an ipad 4 a few weeks ago. Therefore, I am a complete beginner on all things ipad4. So far I haven't jailbreak it yet and don't want to.

My questions is- can I cannect my ipad4 to an ad hoc wifi network ( I believe that's its name) If I can how is this done?

The reason for my question is that every day I have to take my laptop from home to work and back again. Due to its size, weight etc I am thinking of switching my laptop to ipad and taking my ipad to work. The problem is I need to have access to my works ad hoc network so I can post my work on there.

The answer to the first part of your question is yes, your iPad can connect to an Ad-Hoc network.

The answer to the second part might not be as easy, first, assuming your iPad can see the wifi Ad-Hoc network (there is no reason why it shouldn't) you will need to input the password although it's possible it may be known as a Network Key, once you have done this then you should be good to go.

If none of the above works (or you don't know the password/network key) you will need to contact your companies IT department.

Finally, you mention that you need to post your work on your companies Ad-Hoc network. This has me stumped. The Ad-Hoc network is purely a wifi network, what I think you are talking about is a company website (or intranet), this is different and to be able to upload to that you may need specific settings (if it's even possible) which would only come from your companies IT dept.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts