What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accuweather for iPad2

Helga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have downloaded Accuweather on my iPad and have a question..
how do i delete the cities that are no longer wanted?
2 cities came with the app and i have no use for
thanks for your help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the main screen tap the circle on the right hand side with the two iPads inside, then swipe to the settings page. Touch the location that you don't want then the minus symbol at the bottom of the screen.

The Archangel

OP
H

Helga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much , not only did it work but i also discovered a lot of other applications for this app.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Helga said:
thank you so much , not only did it work but i also discovered a lot of other applications for this app.

Me too, I wouldn't have found them if you hadn't of asked......we all learned something!

The Archangel

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am just a little disappointed with gps screen when I press the little gps sign it takes me to the bronx and I am in the UK. When I type in the location I only get a full screen of europe which makes the UK to small to see the towns.

Mike Dormer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Accuweather app

I've upgraded my Accuweather app but it seems to have now decided that my home/default location is New York when, in fact, I live in London and would prefer that to be set as home.

Mike

fmarais

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mike Dormer said:
I've upgraded my Accuweather app but it seems to have now decided that my home/default location is New York when, in fact, I live in London and would prefer that to be set as home.

Mike

Same problem, live in Pretoria, shows New York as home town?

Josean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem, live in Pretoria, shows New York as home town?

Me too, I live in Spain and it shows Tokyo as my home location. I have reinstalled the app twice but the problem doesn't resolve. Any suggestions?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To change home location:

From the forecast screen, press the symbol showing two pages overlapping (on lower right).
Flip till the last page, Settings (as indicated by gear symbol).
Press the minus symbol (-) below the list of cities.
Three gray bars will appear to the right of each city on your list.
Press and hold the three gray bars of the city you want as your home location.
The city should darken in color, allowing you to drag it to the home location box, replacing whatever city is currently there.

esc0405

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I make the accuweater appears on the notification list?

VillageGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home City Solution

Thank you for that answer. It solved my problem (New York as home location). I had written accuweather support for a solution and they told me the same as earlier suggestions in this thread which didn't work for me. But holding the gray bars did work, allowing me to change locations. Thank you!

To change home location:

From the forecast screen, press the symbol showing two pages overlapping (on lower right).
Flip till the last page, Settings (as indicated by gear symbol).
Press the minus symbol (-) below the list of cities.
Three gray bars will appear to the right of each city on your list.
Press and hold the three gray bars of the city you want as your home location.
The city should darken in color, allowing you to drag it to the home location box, replacing whatever city is currently there.

Most reactions