What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidentally Updated Jailbroken iPad

Hagie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I accidentally updated my jailbroken ipad 2 to the new iOS 6.1 and I didn't back it up to my computer. Is there a way to undo the update? I am afraid that I have lost all of my new pictures and videos I have on the ipad. I have looked up on google trying to find ways to undo it searching "exit recovery mode" or "exit DFU mode." I am really a NOOB with all of this. It keeps telling me to connect it to iTune. I tried the whole "hold the home and lock button for 15 seconds" and I tried going on "tinyumbrella" to exit recovery mode and it keeps telling me to connect to iTunes. and when i do connect it to iTunes, it wants me to restore it. which is something I DON'T want to do because I haven't backed up my iPad in a very long time.

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have restored to 6.1 without doing a "backup" then there is no way back. You have lost everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
H

Hagie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything's been deleted because of the update?

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have gone through with the update, then you have lost all your data.

OP
H

Hagie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't restored any sort of backup on to the ipad yet if that makes any sort of difference. I highly doubt it now.

Most reactions

Latest posts