What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accidentally Restore my Stuff

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to much info from you; try this ----plug your iPad into your comp. Open iTunes if it doesn't do so automatically. Let it do a "sync" and see if everything re-syncs. When it tells you the sync. Is done and okay to disconnect- do so. Then ck. Your iPad and see if all is back in place.
Good luck !!
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
N

Nutnaree4eva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh.. There's no use. I've tried. All those pictures!! I really need them. Any more help?

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your photos were never backed up onto some other medium, then there aren’t any photos to restore.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever sync your iPad BEFORE you pressed restore?

If not, then you are out of luck.

But if you did, then you can restore the backup from iTunes. This is not the same as syncing! The photos from your camera roll are stored in your backup.

The easiest thing to do is probably restore AGAIN, but when the restore finished you must not say "set up as new" you MUST choose "restore from a previous backup". Then from the list of backups you MUST choose a backup from your old setup, which will marked with the last time you synced that old setup with iTunes.

Alternatively, you could use a tool like iBackupBot to interrogate the backup on your PC disk and extract the photos that way.

Either of these solutions requires that you did perform a complete sync BEFORE you restored at some point.

OP
N

Nutnaree4eva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did put all my stuff onto iTunes. It just doesn't put my photos into it. OMG, my mom is so sad and worried. I am out of luck. Why does it happens to me?

OP
N

Nutnaree4eva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just that I have to buy Easy Digital Photo Recovery's software, I've found most of my pictures!! :)

Anyone have the account of Easy Digital Photo Recovery? May I borrow it?

I desperately need it!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nutnaree4eva said:
Anyone have the account of Easy Digital Photo Recovery? May I borrow it?

Is there a reason you can't purchase it yourself?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The solution I suggested above is free and will allow you to recover the photos if you had a backup to begin with.

The easiest thing to do is probably restore AGAIN, but when the restore finished you must not say "set up as new" you MUST choose "restore from a previous backup". Then from the list of backups you MUST choose a backup from your old setup, which will be marked with the last time you synced that old setup with iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts