What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessories!

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do y'all think that ipad 3 accessories will decline in price with the release of the ipad 4, I mean there probably gonna focus on the mini and ipad 4 model accessories, I really want an apple case but its kinda pricey.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since sales of the 3 will drop as a result of the new model, you can certainly expect some deals on the accessories for the 3 and retailers with a stock of the 3 begin to discount and move their inventory. Those retailers holding inventory will be forced to shorten their time to hold unless they were very well informed or had a crystal ball. Take your time and take advantage, the adjustment won't happen instantly, but it will happen.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bluerob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in a major Australian retailer recently (I bought an IPad 3, but that's been discussed in other forums) looking at the accessories (case protectors, fish shaped thing to wrap earphone wires etc), plus all the other bits. I was about to buy a case when my younger brother said to check eBay 1st.

For the cost of 1 case from the Aussie retailer, I purchased a case and a whole heap of other bits for the same price.

I appreciate that genuine Apple bits maybe better quality, but, I'm positive that there isn't 50 different factories in China making protection cases for Apple accessories.. Also enclosed was an Apple branded connector that I saw in the Aussie shop for $ 20.00.

I saved heaps by getting the eBay bits.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do y'all think that ipad 3 accessories will decline in price with the release of the ipad 4, I mean there probably gonna focus on the mini and ipad 4 model accessories, I really want an apple case but its kinda pricey.

It really depends on what accessories you are wanting. The dimensions of the iPad 4 are the same as the 3 so there will be no deals to be had on cases or anything like that from Apple.

OP
J

jdelrizzle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on what accessories you are wanting. The dimensions of the iPad 4 are the same as the 3 so there will be no deals to be had on cases or anything like that from Apple.

Actually the only thing I'm really interested in right now is an apple case, at Walmart around here they already went down like 8 bucks, the slot for the lighting connector is going to make all the difference, I hope.

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think prices of the accessories would decrease since most of them (if not all) can be used for iPad 4 as well!

Most reactions