What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessories for kids

Sjb007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wanted to purchase iPad minis for my kids but having second thoughts after looking for accessories like the crayola kits aand blow up race cars. My children are 2 and 3 so I thought the smear size would be better, maybe im wrong? They would be mainly used for game apps and videos. Is the mini not a good choice young kids..from what i understand the main difference is size but a lot of you seem to be using it as a reader or iPad on the go. Any predictions If the accesories for the mini will be avavailable in the near future or will ever have the same accessory selection as the iPads ? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

*before making comments about purchasing iPads for a 2 and 3 yr old pls understand in my home its a constant screaming battle over my 8 yr olds iPad. I need peace

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would be more worried about toddlers dropping the iPad mini than anything else, the entire front of the device is glass. But, I suppose this wouldn't be an issue with a really sturdy case.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi SJB...welcome to the forum. Many of our members including ardchoille use the mini for more than e-reading. It is like a smaller version of the iPad. Since you already have an iPad for your 8 year old, you know about the importance of a durable protective cases for these devices. It's a great device to have for young and old, but would be concerned about proper handling of it.

Btw...
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/iphone-user-guide-for-ios-6/id563272542?mt=11

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
just one thought.

Smaller seems a natural match for a kids smaller hands, but for the realy young ones you should also consider motor skills. It varies a lot, of course, so you should take a close look at your children's current hand-eye skills and decide whether the iPad Mini will be a little more training, or a source of unnecissary frustration.

Most reactions