1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Accessing Sites in US

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by madam, Feb 5, 2012.

1. madam

madam iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am from Canada and vacationing in Florida for 2 months. I have my iPad 2 with me but unable to access US content, ie. Bright House app, network videos (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.)

Is there a restriction? Could I change a setting that will allow me access to apps and sites?

Regards

Frustrated in the US....love your weather tho..
  2. leelai

leelai Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,322 / 0
    App stores around the world have different content but you can just open an US iTunes account to access these apps. You will need to create another email account, gmail is a good one as it doesn't signify a region. You will need an US iTunes card which I'm sure you could buy easily. Others have had some success doing this without an itunes card but I haven't found it to be so. You could try first and see if you get the none option for a credit card. The way to do this is to go into the US store and select a FREE app to download and then proceed to create your new account. You will also need an US address, I know others have just put an address of an Apple store there or you may know another. Have a look at this link
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Sent from my iPad using iPF