What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing my contacts in my Yahoo account

karenpeskett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, so very excited to have an iPad at long last and join this forum.

I have a question as I think I am being a bit thick - mail is working great but how do I access my contact list that is in my Yahoo account?

Karen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I didn't think you could, but took a look at Yahoo's help just in case and found these instructions; tested and they work.

How to sync Yahoo! Contacts with an iPhone or iPod Touch | Yahoo! Contacts Help

In the contacts app, if you did not have it before (and already have some contacts) you should now have a red ribbon on the left page that says Groups. You can switch between contact databases on the Groups page. They will be listed at the bottom. If you have a lot of groups, like I do, you may have to scroll down.

kanderna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone had much luck with automatically syncing/updating? Here's what I've observed:

Add contact on iPad -> shows up in Yahoo (yay!)
Add contact in Yahoo -> DOES NOT show up on iPad
Modify contact on iPad -> DOES NOT change in Yahoo
Modify contact in Yahoo -> DOES NOT change on iPad
Delete contact on iPad -> Deletes in Yahoo (yay!)
Delete contact in Yahoo -> DOES NOT delete from iPad

Seems like a huge shortcoming in terms of maintaining a contact list. Is this what everyone else is seeing as well?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've spend the last week or so trying to figure out how to get around the problems you described, with very little success.

However, if you can upgrade to iOS 5 you will no longer need to use Yahoo's CardDav server. You can sync contacts with your usual Yahoo account, and it seems to be far more reliable than the old method. As a bonus, you'll also be able to sync the new Reminder's app with Yahoo.

So my advice. Delete the Yahoo CardDav account and upgrade. I think you'll like it.

Most reactions

Latest posts