What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing my archive

OP
T

TimmiAndi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the threads about similar subjects that appeared automatically after posting which said only Gmail has an Archive, so I went through all my Gmail mailboxes and found the messages in Important, at the top of the 2nd section.

I'm on 8.1.2 so earlier versions may differ but they should in in a mailbox there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
These days you can have an Archive folder for any IMAP email service. I don't remember what iOS version this became a feature in. You can go to the Advanced your account's settings to both choose the folder and switch between Delete (trash) and Archive as a default.

To see the archive folder you normally have to go to the Mailbox view in the Mail app, and select the account. But if you need the folder all the time, you can add it to the visible folders in the Mailbox view: tap Edit in the Mailbox list, scroll to the bottom, choose Add Mailbox, then navigate to the desired folder to add it.

For non-Gmail accounts you may have to create the Archive folder first. You could choose any folder you like, but it might get confusing down the line when you try to remember what folder your archived emails are in.

Most reactions