1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Access/move mp3/avi files from dropbox

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Orangejuice43, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Orangejuice43

Orangejuice43 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a dropbox on my PC at home and am abroad for a few months with only my iPad. But i forgot to transfer music before i left. I have managed to get my flatmate to put some mp3's into my dropbox but i cant work out how to get them transferred to the iPod app.

Also it would be useful to be able to transfer avi files to the VLC or DivX apps.

Many Thanks
    Oli
  2. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    I haven't tried mp3s but for other files you highlight the file and click on the curved arrow top right and it will have a dropdown menu that will show you the apps where that file could be opened. I would guess the Ipod app will be the one. i'll have to try this. I do it all the time to move jpgs from my fesktop afteer raw processing to the Photo app. My understanding is that you can't transfer files to apps that haven't already set up the ability to use Dropbox except for the default Apple apps. For instance, my Collections app for photos just added the ability to upload to Dropbox yesterday as pdf. I haven't tried an upload from the opposite direction. Check Goodreader to open the avi file. It may.

Diane
  3. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    though you can be able to play the mp3 in your dropbox app in ipad. you cant transfer it to ipod app. you can click the star icon to add it to your favorite files. this way you can listen to your mp3 file even when you're offline.