What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access iphone 4 photos on my ipad?

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm trying to figure this icloud stuff out. I took photos on my iphone 4 and want to view them on my ipad. Also trying to figure out how to send them to Wal Mart, etc, to get prints made.

Thanks

Stockbidder2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. If you have iOS 7.1.1 you can turn on airdrop from your iPad to your iphone or vice versa. Your photos will be transferred directly to your Photos app

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AirDrop isn't available on an iPhone 4, so this won't work.

I suppose what you thought of when you wrote "iCloud stuff", is iCloud's Photo Stream. In short: it's available on every device. This is how it works: when you add a picture on one device, Photo Stream will sync it to the other Apple device(s). You'll find it there in an extra folder, called Photo Stream. It will start working as soon as you enable it. So: photos you took before using Photo Stream cannot be seen there. There's a limit to the amount of photos that will be shown, as well as how long they will be visible there.
Here's a link to show in detail what you'll need to know about this feature: iCloud: My Photo Stream FAQ

For the photos that are on your iPad now, without using Photo Stream before: you can email them to yourself. Then you'll be able to view them on the iPad as well.

There's an app called AirPhoto which allows to transfer pictures to another Apple device (in case you don't want to use iCloud, or for the photos you can't add to Photo Stream): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airphoto-airshow-your-photo/id682269290?mt=8

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
C

cswanson69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. From what I gather, my problem is logging both devices onto the same icloud account because photo stream and auto photo to icloud are on for both the phone and pad. That airphoto looks like it might be the trick.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome.

If you've already enabled Photo Stream on both devices, it should be working.

Make sure that Wi-Fi is enable on both devices, and that they are connected to it.
Close the Camera app. Photo Stream won't work, otherwise.
If your battery power is below 20 %, Photo Stream won't work either.

Most reactions

Latest posts