What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Academic word processing pack

keilrandor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Need an academic word processing pack that allows the creation of foot notes and end notes, not just simply importing them. An ideas?

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keilrandor said:
Need an academic word processing pack that allows the creation of foot notes and end notes, not just simply importing them. An ideas?

Pages, by Apple.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keilrandor said:

Pages, by Apple.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Not true, sorry!

Pages allows you to copy the footnotes from another document, and then import them via clipboard. That's as good as it gets. Or you can hook a VNC client up to your PC, and us Open Office or MSN word. It is the best one out there, no question, but I just finished my thesis on my recently deceased Toshiba Netbook, and there's no WAY I could have done it on an ipad.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been awhile since I've needed those features but have you tried Documents To Go, QuickOffice, or GoDocs? Documents to Go is a pretty faithful emulation of Microsoft Word and GoDocs claims to provide all of the features of Google Docs which does support footnotes and endnotes?

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use Microsoft Word in a Windows netbook or Open Office in a Linux netbook. iPad is not suitable for serious word processing.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Microsoft Word in a Windows netbook or Open Office in a Linux netbook. iPad is not suitable for serious word processing.

This. I would start a draft on my iPad, but throw it onto my PC and use MS word to fix margins, dot leaders, paginate, footnotes, etc.

JSH1120, google docs also doesn't have full footnote support. It makes footnotes that are square brackets, like the vbulletin tags on here. And the cites aren't actually in the footer. That's a little too typewriter-esque for my tastes! :D

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

This. I would start a draft on my iPad, but throw it onto my PC and use MS word to fix margins, dot leaders, paginate, footnotes, etc.

JSH1120, google docs also doesn't have full footnote support. It makes footnotes that are square brackets, like the vbulletin tags on here. And the cites aren't actually in the footer. That's a little too typewriter-esque for my tastes! :D

I understand. Been a good number of years since I was doing academic articles but I get your point.

Most reactions

Latest posts