What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC Charger for iPad

Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I do not see any option to start a new subject here. I will ask this question in here. Does anyone know if there is a way to play videos to a TV and charge the IPAD at the same time?

Sent from my iPad location.

Yes. You will need to use the HDMI adapter, it has an 30pin connector and an HDMI slot, allowing you to connect the iPad to a TV while still having the power cable connected.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Yes. You will need to use the HDMI adapter, it has an 30pin connector and an HDMI slot, allowing you to connect the iPad to a TV while still having the power cable connected.

Where does the HDMI adapter connect to the IPAD? My TV does have HDMI imputs.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The HDMI cable connects to the 30 pin connector, so where you usually plug in the white charging cable.

If the HDMI cable is connected to where the charging cable connects then how can the IPAD charge while using the HDMI cable. I have only owned the IPAD for a short time and do not know much about this as one can tell.

Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
If the HDMI cable is connected to where the charging cable connects then how can the IPAD charge while using the HDMI cable. I have only owned the IPAD for a short time and do not know much about this as one can tell.

The HDMI cable splits the 30 pin connector to a 30 pin connector and HDMI, see also the picture below:

Attachments

• image-3575517468.png
    image-3575517468.png
    45 KB · Views: 244

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The HDMI cable splits the 30 pin connector to a 30 pin connector and HDMI, see also the picture below:

That is exactly what I need. I never knew this exhausted. I even asked this to someone in the Apple store about the ability to charge the IPAD and play videos through it. Thank you for the help. What is he given proper name for this wire besides the simple name if HDMI cable? Oh the person at he Apple store told me here was not a way to do this.

Reaction score

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The actual name is Apple Digital AV Adapter. It got released at the same time as the iPad 2, so it is still fairly new and might explain, why the AppleStore service did not know about it, when you were asking for such a cable.

Anyway, here is also a link, if you want to read about the details:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC953ZM/A?fnode=MTc0MjU4NjE&mco=MTcyMTgxNTk

Thank you for the information. I just ordered one for 42.00 including shipping.

bikenut65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I learned my lesson on a .99 charger from Dealextreme. It smoked my iPhone. Dead. Dead. Dead.

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
bikenut65 said:
I learned my lesson on a .99 charger from Dealextreme. It smoked my iPhone. Dead. Dead. Dead.

I purchased a charger for my Motorola WIFI Hotspot device. Did no harm to the device nor did this charge the device. Then I purchased a charger for the device directly from Verizon. Works perfectly in the job it is supposed to do.

Last edited:

msmith2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get the following at a TJ-Maxx store for $13:

iLuv

Just a great deal at half-price.

And no, it's not going to break your "precious".

OneMarcil

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did not know that. That is OK. The cost is no bother as long as the charger works.

Sent from my iPad 32gb WIFI 3G 1st generation.

OP
T

Tom P.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It Works!

Well, I finally got the nerve to try out this extra cheap charger on my iPod Touch and it worked just fine. So it should be fine on my iPad2 as well. Construction and quality of this product look fine and it did not heat up during the charging process. As noted, it has the same specs as the Apple charger... 2A, 10W.

bikenut65

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OneMarcil said:
I purchased a charger for my Motorola WIFI Hotspot device. Did no harm to the device nor did this charge the device. Then I purchased a charger for the device directly from Verizon. Works perfectly in the job it is supposed to do.

So did mine....for a few months.

Most reactions

Latest posts