What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absinthe

OP
Tydupangel

Tydupangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what worked for me:

Switch laptops lol

I downloaded Absinthe on another computer, fixed my errors, jail broken

Cheers

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Setting ipad back to new worked for me. Just a pain got to get all my photos and music back on later ....

Phillips9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read carefully

I had the same exact problems. Once you press the jailbreak button it starts, but won't complete. It would sit there as if it was frozen. Correct?

If that's the case go to iTunes and put the iPad back to its original state. Just like you got it out the box. Set up the basics and then do your jailbreak. You won't be disappointed

With reference to your comments to assist me, I got your message. How do I put the ipad back to its original state?

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone posted an approach I tried and which worked for me. I was having the same problem the OP suggested - Absinthe stalled at the first screen and then stopped respondind. I did a full RESTORE but did NOT backup my iPad. I start Absinthe and voila! It worked like a charm. After the JB finished, I went back and restored files & apps and then went to Cydia to recapture my tweaks.

bradpaulp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too did the restore first, and then absinthe worked fine. just backup your iPad first, then click restore after. and it will be fine.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richgalen said:
Someone posted an approach I tried and which worked for me. I was having the same problem the OP suggested - Absinthe stalled at the first screen and then stopped respondind. I did a full RESTORE but did NOT backup my iPad. I start Absinthe and voila! It worked like a charm. After the JB finished, I went back and restored files & apps and then went to Cydia to recapture my tweaks.

Would that approach work though for restoring your personal data from icloud? I restored mine from icloud then it worked. As far as I know there is no way to wipe the ipad, jailbreak and then restore your info from icloud, it appears to me that the offer to restore from icloud only comes when you have just wiped the ipad? Am I wrong?

Most reactions