What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absinthe Problem: Disable Backup Password

DJRayl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2, in which my iOS, 5.1.1, just recieved a jailbreak for. I downloaded Absinthe 2.0. Upon the opening of the program, my connection of my iPad to the Macbook, and the clicking of the "Jailbreak" button, I was given an alert from the program that in order to commence the jailbreak, I had to open my iTunes and "disable the backup password for the connected device." I have found no help anywhere as to how I can do so. I'm not sure I remember backing up my iPad to this Macbook, but if someone could please tell me where to go to disable this backup password and allow me to jailbreak this iPad, I would be eternally grateful. I've had this iPad for about 3 months and i've been dyinggg to see what it can become once jailbroken! Thank you so much, guys.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With your iPad connected to the computer, open iTunes. Around the middle of the Summary page (with your iPad highlighted in the left column), you should see a box titled "Back..." Make sure the line "Encrypt local backup" is not selected.

That should remove the password requirement and thus allow Absinthe to run. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Marilyn

kanyas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i met the similar problem, I go to google and search "how can I disable backup password in iTunes", there are many useful suggestions.

Fortunately, it was "iPhone Backup Unlocker" helped me! All my data are here without any loss.

Most reactions

Latest posts