What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

about the 4g plan..

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand how much data is used on an average bases, like how much would you recommend if getting a 4g plan, if I browse only on internet when I'm out?

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dropped my data plan because I rarely used it let alone used anywhere near the 2GB of data per month I got for the $25 a month it cost. I think the money was fair for what I got, I just use my iPad 2 in Wi-Fi areas predominately so I decided to save the $25. Not sure what Verizon plans are but I believe AT&T has three levels with 3GB a month for $30 being the mid-point. I never even got close to 1GB with the plan I dropped.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on where you are, you probably can get month to month plans, no contract. So I'd suggest you start with the lowest plan and the carrier can add more data if you need. Data use varies from person to person, but on average people use about 2GB or less, from what I've read. YMMV.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
if you stream video with netflix or stream music via iCloud or pandora you will easily reach the 2gb cap.

If you just use the iPad for emails and web browsing you probably won't hit the cap.

the 250mb plan is a joke, don't even bother getting that plan.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My usage varies, but with 4G, I should wind up using it more often. My biggest headache is being in areas with poor coverage. If the service continues to improve, I would get much more pleasure out of long trips away.

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AT&T really needs to have a 1GB plan. I easily passed 250MB, but never passed 2GB. When my 4G iPad comes, any month I have the 4G activated, I'll vary my data plan usage between my iPad and iPhone 4, so I won't be throttled on my phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts