What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abort App Download

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started downloading a GPS app from the App Store a while ago. After it seemed like nothing was happening, I discovered that it was downloading 1.8 Gb of program.... YIKES!! I have done a sync, and found a section of iTunes where it lists the app as being in the progress of downloading. Right-clicking on the entry of the app in that iTunes section shows a dialog with "delete" in it, and instructions about stopping the download and deleting the app. However, the "loading/waiting" icon on the iPad screen remains. I will not be able to complete the download so's I can wipe it out (2Gig DL limit).

The iPad is jailbroken, I have iFile, and will obtain whatever it takes and follow whatever directions it takes to get the waiting app off the pad.

I read some other thread on something like this, but it was a different matter. Anyone have any suggestions. If this discussion needs to be moved to, let's say, the hacking section, that's fine... I'll find it. Thanks for any help I can get on this.

OP
Bingoldsby

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, Foo... As is often the case, just a weeee bit more persistance (after I posted this) got me a solution.

I turned off the iPad, then back on again. While the that icon was in the "downloading" state, I pressed and held it (wiggly state), and it then showed an "x" for removal. Previously I had tried that when the download was "paused" and it did not show the "x" - All's well now.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm so glad you solved your issue, thanks for letting us know. I'm guessing the size of the GPS app would have been for the many maps that it would need to install too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts