What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC Player

stevb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
Tried to get this off the app site but it can't find it can anyone help even links off other site to iTunes site come up blank can anyone help please

Steve

azstinger11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
US only app, not sure where you are located.

http : //itunes.apple.com/us/app/abc-player/id364191819?mt=8

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is called "ABC news for iPAD"
I have it here in Israel - Works great. Watching news and video clips all the time.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You get it if you sign in using an US-account.
I'd love to have the Weber BBQ thingy, but it's not available here. And I cannot enter an iTunes gift card code into my US-account as apple has put currency (regional) restrictions right into the card numbers :(

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, maybe not ABC, but others for sure, like the Weber thingy...

azstinger11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ OP

Ok googling Rotherham i'm assuming you're from the UK? Searching the UK app store i wasn't able to find the ABC Player like what we have in the US. The only thing I found that was close was the ABC News app

http: //itunes.apple.com/gb/app/abc-news-for-ipad/id380520716?mt=8

need to fix the link above since i can't post them yet.

@ Peled

The ABC Player and ABC News player i believe are 2 very different apps. The ABC Player allows people in the US to watch normal shows broadcast on the ABC network, while the news app is just for ABC news. I could be wrong here as I don't have the news app just the ABC Player. Since the OP said player I think he might be looking for the one with television shows on it instead of news, but again thats an assumption on my part.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep.
It seems that out side USA, you can get only the ABC News, not the ABC Channel TV.

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I think there's also some geo-restriction to the ABC Channel player like on hulu. At least for hulu I had to use a VPN.

azstinger11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are correct at least for the ABC website. I couldn't access it while I was deployed so assuming its geo-restricted. Assuming the app is the same way.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ABC Player is quite different from ABC News.

I like both Apps really well.
But the Player lets you watch full episodes of ABC shows.

Most reactions

Latest posts