What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abamdoned laptop

TheX

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ever since I got my iPad I use my lap top less and less every day. The only thing I do on my laptop that I don't do on my iPad is web design. What about you?

ThreeWulfMoon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've pretty much abandoned my notebook as well. I use a desktop at work or at home for heavy lifting tasks. I've actually taken only my iPad on a few business trips and it has worked great. Like I've said before, the iPad won't replace a laptop completely (I still use a desktop for document creation, editing, and other tasks), but it will do 75% of the most common things that you do that aren't specialized (like coding or multi-media editing)very well.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't abandon mine when I get my iPad 2 as my work laptop is my only home computer now and I do a lot of work at home on nights and weekends (writing, data analysis etc.) that I need a full PC for.

I'll do most of my websurfing on the couch etc. on it when I get it though!

T

TJK

I still use my MacBook Pro quite a bit but use my iPad almost exclusively for surfing, research, etc - just about anything web related.

My old Win 7 laptops were just gathering dust though so I turned 'em into my iTunes servers for home sharing!

Most reactions

Latest posts