What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AB HD playback choppy

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I often see choppy video when I play Angry Birds HD. I have plenty of room on my 64GB iPad. It doesn't seem to matter if I close out all other open apps either.

Any ideas why I'm having this issue?

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do I see that number? I've shut down the iPad and restarted it to no avail.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No one else seeing choppy play with Angry Birds (or other action game)?

In my case, it's not all the time, but does occur often. It tends to mess up my timing.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
speedlever said:
How do I see that number? I've shut down the iPad and restarted it to no avail.

Download and run a system monitor like SystemInfo. But hold in mind this is more of a curiosity tool than truely useful. Lack of multitasking for these tools prevents them from grabbing real time statstics on running apps. All you are going to see is a frozen state with maybe some background tasking, and what the info app itself is using, of course.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I tried that.

With nothing else running except System Info for iPad, I see:
9gm7E.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No. Angry Birds plays fine on my iPad.

Correction. I was wrong. Just tried it and it is choppy now.

Last edited:

King of Golf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
speedlever said:
Then I'm stumped as to why I get choppy video when I play.

I've just recently been seeing the same problem. AB had been smooth as silk. I'm also seeing jumpy playback on some UTUBE videos. I too have a 64 GB IPAD. Not sure what the issue may be. Could a recent sync with ITUNES have an impact? I don't recall getting any AB updates recently. Puzzling!!

King of Golf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
King of Golf said:
I've just recently been seeing the same problem. AB had been smooth as silk. I'm also seeing jumpy playback on some UTUBE videos. I too have a 64 GB IPAD. Not sure what the issue may be. Could a recent sync with ITUNES have an impact? I don't recall getting any AB updates recently. Puzzling!!

OK, maybe this is just a coincidence, but I went into settings and turned off Notifications. I have several apps that are frequently pushing stuff down to my IPAD. Anyway, tried AB and UTUBE videos and both worked smoothly. I am really really new to this forum, and to Apple products, so this may have no legs, but for now it seems to have made a difference. I'd be interested if it works for you. Heck I don't even know what I may all be missing if I leave notifications turned off. Later.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then I'm stumped as to why I get choppy video when I play.

Oops, spoke too soon. It has been a while since I played it on the iPad (been using the OS X version lately). It is indeed choppy.

I'll look into it and see if I can come up with what is going on, though I rather doubt I'll be able to do anything.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Angry Birds just posted an update today. No of bug fixes, just new levels. I'm going to let it update and see what happens.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just got the update. Still showing choppy video but doesn't seem quite as bad. Turned off push... can't tell much difference.

I just shut it down and am cranking it back up.... looks like the restart after the update and turning off push is making it work much better.

Most reactions