What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aaron Sorkin Shares More Details on Upcoming Jobs Biopic in New Interview

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Aaron_Sorkin.jpg

During a recent interview with The Independent, screenwriter Aaron Sorkin spoke about the upcoming biopic about Steve Jobs. He said that while it's not sure who will play the role of Jobs, an announcement is bound to be made soon on this matter.

Christian Bale, Leonardo DiCaprio and others have been rumored to play the role with Michael Fassbender being the current one on the lips of many. He says that it is a challenging role to play with sheer demands: 'It’s a 181-page script, about 100 of it is that one character.

The movie is adapted from Walter Isaacson’s biography of Jobs and directed by Danny Boyle. The film will be set in three acts, each set backstage before three of Jobs’s major product launches spanning 16 years. Sorkin also did the script for 'The Social Network', which tries to depict a profile of Mark Zuckerberg:

"“Both films are much more about the people than the technology they invented. With The Social Network, I was interested in the psychology of the world’s most successful social networking system being invented by the world’s most anti-social guy."

The screenwriter makes an interesting remark, saying that Steve Jobs' daughter Lisa is actually the heroine of the movie:

"And in the case of Steve Jobs, it’s the relationships he had – particularly with his daughter, Lisa – that drew me to it. She didn’t participate in Walter Isaacson’s book, because her father was alive at the time, and she didn’t want to alienate either of her parents, so I was very grateful that she was willing to spend time with me. She is the heroine of the movie.”

Sorkin also spoke about his battle with drug addiction and upcoming projects.

Source: The Independent

Most reactions