What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A word of warning

shadow1550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Attention all iPad users. I hate to start my first thread on such a negative note but unfortunately I was one of those people who bought their iPad two weeks before the iPad 2 was announced and the price of iPads fell by over £100. Needless to say I was a little miffed. However I heard that apple and some other big stores where giving refunds to those who like my self had just bought an iPad. Unfortunately my nearest Apple store is 100 miles away so I purchased mine at a near by PC World and guess what folks PC World are not providing refunds to those who just bought an iPad. Don't get me wrong I love my iPad but the message here folks is NEVER BUY AN APPLE PRODUCT FROM A PC STORE---- ESPECIALLY PC WORLD!!!!!!

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple does release upgrades pretty much every year around the same time. Sorry you lost out though. I was going to buy one in Nov and new the second one would be out in the spring so I waited. I'm glad I did.

Bbatelli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice to see you came out...

from underneath the rock you were living under. The IPAD2 has been talked about since October 2010 and the announcement has been talked about since then also.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I would ask to speak to the manager. I would threaten to return the device for my money back, especially if all stores and apple themselves are honoring the $100 dollar return. Don't give up yet. Keep bugging the store about it or return it. Get "ALL" ur money back, then repurchase for lower price. It hasn't been 2 weeks yet ;-)

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
from underneath the rock you were living under. The IPAD2 has been talked about since October 2010 and the announcement has been talked about since then also.

No reason to be rude, please.

Having said that ~

The ipad2 was talked about for a long time. I am sorry though, for your frustrations.

MK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog22.co.uk
My Mother also bought an iPad from PC World after using mine while staying with us, she bought it instore for £439 and got home and found out it was available on the website for £329 at first they wouldn't refund the difference but she sent a letter via recorded post to the CEO, she wasn't given the £100 refund but was sent £150 in iTunes cards which was an excellent solution for her as she'd probably have spent that much on apps and games anyways.

So moral of the story, send a letter explaining whats happened, how unhappy you are, how you'll kick up a fuss instore about it, and see what happens.

Gazzaho

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also bought the iPad 1 just before the iPad 2 was released, a week before people were talking about just getting their new ones on these forums. To be honest I feel I've no one to blame but myself for the loss I made through not doing enough research beforehand. I could have bought one with 3G for the saving I would have made. Stores could have been a little more honest about selling the old ones, but they're not obligated to do so.

If Iq have an older one as opposed to the newer then that's down to my mistake.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gazzaho said:
I also bought the iPad 1 just before the iPad 2 was released, a week before people were talking about just getting their new ones on these forums. To be honest I feel I've no one to blame but myself for the loss I made through not doing enough research beforehand. I could have bought one with 3G for the saving I would have made. Stores could have been a little more honest about selling the old ones, but they're not obligated to do so.

I'm with you on that, I bought my one knowing the iPad 2 was just around the corner so......

A) I did it in full knowledge that the new one was coming, there was no secret there.......and

B) I bought it at a price I was happy with.

I look at it like this, if I go into a supermarket and buy a tin of beans and next week there is a new tin of beans on the shelf and they are selling off the old tins they are not going to give me any money back.........same goes for buying a car, a phone, a TV, anything........sometimes I think Apple are their own worst enemy for giving money back because some people will always feel like they have missed out. They would be better giving nothing back!

The Archangel

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gazzaho said:

I'm with you on that, I bought my one knowing the iPad 2 was just around the corner so......

A) I did it in full knowledge that the new one was coming, there was no secret there.......and

B) I bought it at a price I was happy with.

I look at it like this, if I go into a supermarket and buy a tin of beans and next week there is a new tin of beans on the shelf and they are selling off the old tins they are not going to give me any money back.........same goes for buying a car, a phone, a TV, anything........sometimes I think Apple are their own worst enemy for giving money back because some people will always feel like they have missed out. They would be better giving nothing back!

The Archangel

ITA with both posts. It's like the flash thing. Do your research.

MK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog22.co.uk

I think it's a mindset thing, I've haggled over the price of a TV when it was reduced a month after I purchased it and got the discount and probably would do the same if I bought a car and it was sold cheaper soon after, I'd push for the discount also.

Would I do the same for beans? hmmm.. probably not, but in such an overpriced world where you haveto push just to get stuff repaired or to get the service you deserve I've become a lot more demanding.

I think Apple are one of the few companies that actually do respect the customer, I've nothing but praise for the way they've dealt with me over the years.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my thing is that when i purchase something, i've decided that the price they're asking for is cool with what i'm willing to give up. it's my fault for not waiting or having patience enough to wait for a price reduction because all old inventory does eventually go down.

i really don't care about a rebate or refund offered to current customers. now if they offered it to me i'd be all over it, but to be pissed b/c i was too early is pretty ridiculous. upset, maybe, but to blame someone else... you gotta be kidding.

OP
S

shadow1550

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your post
I really would appreciate that CEOs address so that I can try the same thing as your mother.

MK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
blog22.co.uk
Hi thanks for your post
I really would appreciate that CEOs address so that I can try the same thing as your mother.

Send a letter via recorded delivery to:

DSG international plc
Maylands Avenue
Hemel Hempstead
Herts HP2 7TG

f.a.o John Browett

Stephen777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 wasn't announced until last minute. That's ridiculous.

Most reactions