What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A way to find only flagged mesages?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Once you have flagged email messages is there a way to just find or search the ones that are flagged?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From everything that I've read and researched: Nope. Seems we got a loverly feature that's not. quite. there.

I read how people can set up rules and then have flagged mail move to different mail boxes. I just read about it - don't know how/if it works. Maybe there'll be a [n easier] way in a future update? But, for now, I can't find any way.

Sorry.

Marilyn

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not as far as I can tell. The email client on the iPad is like the piles of paper on my desk. Good for looking at the most recent messages and with some limited search capabilities (from, to, subject, keywords) but not for much else.

josephtan83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had this question too and after googling for a solution, I stumble upon this thread.

I found out that you can find those flagged messages by going to the Mail App.

When your iPad is in landscape mode, you can go to the Accounts section (this is at the bottom of the left panel, above it is Inboxes section).

I'm using Gmail for most of my email accounts added on IPad Mail app.

When I click the specific gmail account, I'll see a list of folder tree displayed on the left panel.

Here I can see folders like "sent mails" and emails labeled with different tags (folder names).

I would go to "Gmail" > "Starred" to find my flagged messages!

Hope this info helps!

Cheers,
Joseph Tan (Singapore)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I had this question too and after googling for a solution, I stumble upon this thread.

I found out that you can find those flagged messages by going to the Mail App.

When your iPad is in landscape mode, you can go to the Accounts section (this is at the bottom of the left panel, above it is Inboxes section).

I'm using Gmail for most of my email accounts added on IPad Mail app.

When I click the specific gmail account, I'll see a list of folder tree displayed on the left panel.

Here I can see folders like "sent mails" and emails labeled with different tags (folder names).

I would go to "Gmail" > "Starred" to find my flagged messages!

Hope this info helps!

Cheers,
Joseph Tan (Singapore)

Yes, that's how I sort my flagged messages, too.

I have a mix of Gmail and non-Gmail accounts on my iPad.

My non-Gmail accounts don't have folders and I want all my flagged emails in one folder (in Gmail), so for the non-Gmail messages that I want flagged, I first flag them, then move them into my Gmail starred folder, so I can easily sort (even if emails weren't originally sent to my Gmail accounts).

If anyone's email doesn't have sort, they could do something similar -- just create a Gmail account, add it to iPad and use it as a sorting bin, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts