What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A very very very. . . bad move by apple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marvso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the ipad 5 comes out this will all be forgotten. I use an ipad 2 and an ipad 3 and am happy with both. Think I will pass on the ipad 4. In another year I will have used up my docking stations and other 30 pin accessories.

johnmesa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
on Oct 24th I ordered a refurbished IPad 3 at the Apple site for $379. It is coming from China, so there is a good chance it may even be an new, unsold IPad3. Can't believe other sites are still asking $499 for the 16gb version. When will the prices drop?

Last edited:

Darthgratian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad with Retina Display is best they can do, naming wise. If they had called it iPad 3. This would have been the iPad 3S.

Just got a ipad3. I have too much invested in 30 pin connector based accessories.

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple are out to make money nothing else the reason they have brought out the iPad4 is to be the leader in the market and to make money same with the 7'9 iPad they have brought that out purely to get the lead or behind the kindle fire market.The problem is there is some many competitors today.
If you were a business you would want everyone to buy your product that your producing that all that are apple are doing just making things slightly better then everyone else so that you buy there product.I must admit I personally didn't expect too see a iPad4 on the market so soon but that is the business they out to put a fight to make money.To be honost and truthfully that most companies couldn't afford to knock out another product so quick but apple can because they have the man power and the money to do it and money is power in the business world and of coarse reputations has something to do with it but apple not they are going to sell there device no matter what the model that why they have done is there feed by from the sales gives them the answers if they weren't having high sales figures then they wouldn't of made one so soon.Fact & figures will provide the company with there next move of action if they don't have them they would come to a stop.

maxtwo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As it is I think apple will have two or 3 versions in front when they release one.And the competition are getting to close.to leave this version till march.so in march i think we will see an ipad with a keyboard in the Smart Cover .

Iceman541

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I am all for tech improvement at a rapid pace I would have liked to have seen this coming. I agonized over the purchase of an iPad for sometime. When the retina display arrived I began to look seriously at the product since I have had iPhones since the 3. I found the silly crippling regarding flash annoying but not a deal breaker. After purchase I was stunned to discover the problems with the handling of images and the inability to delete them. Now a month and a half into a purchase that was appearing to be more and more a mistake, Apple introduces a new model with an improved processor. Currently I am waiting for delivery of my IPhone 5 and before it arrives I am taking some serious looks at Android products. In reality, this issue could have happened with any product but it remains a spoiler for my appreciation of this particular piece of hardware.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I am all for tech improvement at a rapid pace I would have liked to have seen this coming. I agonized over the purchase of an iPad for sometime. When the retina display arrived I began to look seriously at the product since I have had iPhones since the 3. I found the silly crippling regarding flash annoying but not a deal breaker. After purchase I was stunned to discover the problems with the handling of images and the inability to delete them. Now a month and a half into a purchase that was appearing to be more and more a mistake, Apple introduces a new model with an improved processor. Currently I am waiting for delivery of my IPhone 5 and before it arrives I am taking some serious looks at Android products. In reality, this issue could have happened with any product but it remains a spoiler for my appreciation of this particular piece of hardware.

I know it's nice to have the latest and greatest, but I try to keep perspective. These are just gadgets. I can see agonizing over whether to give someone a kidney or such, not over whether to buy any product, lol.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know it's nice to have the latest and greatest, but I try to keep perspective. These are just gadgets. I can see agonizing over whether to give someone a kidney or such, not over whether to buy any product, lol.

It's really good to put things back into perspective and realize what the important things are in life. Thanks, Kaykaykay for posting this! :)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
on Oct 24th I ordered a refurbished IPad 3 at the Apple site for $379. It is coming from China, so there is a good chance it may even be an new, unsold IPad3. Can't believe other sites are still asking $499 for the 16gb version. When will the prices drop?

They will continue to ask that price as long as people are willing to pay for it. When they no longer buy at that price, it will then drop.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a no brainer guys. Apple HAD to release a new ipad because of the connection port. Apple isn't the kind of company that is going to sell two different kind of connection cables, docks, ect. And they couldn't simply just change the port on the existing ipad 3 and call it the same model. The differences between ipad 3 and 4 are minuscule. My ipad 3 is plenty fast enough for everything I do.

This is true. To keep selling iPad 3 with the old connector is just to keep everyone using obsolete tech (30pin connector) on your Flagship product. I do think that anyone having bought within 30 days should get to return for store credit on the newer model. While the difference between the 3 and 4 are not worth selling one to get the other (IMO), anyone in their right mind would rather have the 2X faster performance, better 4G support, and better wifi. And frankly, the new connector is a plus too because it goes in either way, where the 30 pin goes in just one way.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hate to be a kill joy, but the iPhone is the ONLY product line that still uses a numbering system. All other Apple products sold use a generation identifier only (The iPad 2 being the only exception because they decided not to rename it even though the next two replacements are generational).

To be blunt, I am shocked the iPhone 5 was released with a number instead of a generation. They have deprecated that on every other product and changed the entire Apple online store to reflect that fact.

Something to consider.

No joy killed here. I still think Apple has done a poor and inconsistent job with naming. What was all that "The new iPad" stuff all about? There have only been 4 models in history, they immediately broke convention on the second one, then again on the third one. Now they seem to be settling down to "generational" naming. I frankly don't see a problem with iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPad 4. I think the iPhone has been best scheme and they would have been smart to use that for everything. IMO. We had guy in here not to long ago trying to figure out how to tell the 2 and 3 apart without a lot of effort (he was working with large numbers of them). What a pain that was.

MILJAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw a spec comparison between the 3 and 4 and outside of some different features(Lightning connector,HD FaceTime,improved WiFi)it really looks the same. Same RD,storage,RAM so I don't feel this is necessary.

On Apple web page sure not. :) In comparation part they removed ipad 3 like it never been manufactured.:) :) So "ipad with retina display" is the name of ipad4.And ipad3 was without retina :) :) :) At least 30 days before ipad4 show, should be some announcement about that?No....They let us buy ipad3 couple of weeks before ipad 4.

RebornProphet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On Apple web page sure not. :) In comparation part they removed ipad 3 like it never been manufactured.:) :) So "ipad with retina display" is the name of ipad4.And ipad3 was without retina :) :) :) At least 30 days before ipad4 show, should be some announcement about that?No....They let us buy ipad3 couple of weeks before ipad 4.

Em, no ... the iPad 3 has a Retina Display, the exact same one that the iPad 4 uses.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MILJAN said:

Apple never officially talks about upcoming products before the official release announcement. No matter when Apple releases a new product, there will always be buyers who have purchased the superseded product just before the release of the new version.
If you still want an iPad 3, you can look at the refurbished iPads available in the online store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions