What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tip for stylus users

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Targus. I haven't had any problems with my purchase. You can find them best buy and online.

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this first hand ...

Boxwave and Targus stylus are IDENTICAL !

Last edited:

Vulcan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A much cheaper alternative to the Boxwave .. that what I ended up buying ...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Pyrus-Electronics-Capacitive-Samsung-Devices/dp/B004J076FE/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_0_0]Amazon.com: Pyrus Electronics Capacitive Stylus for iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPhone and other Touch Screen Devices (Silver): Electronics[/ame]

Sparrowhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Griffin stylus

Hi,
As a Brit visiting the US, I found a great, soft tipped stylus at a store called Target. It is made by Griffin and is like a small pen, complete with clip.
I find it very tactile and I'm even using it in one hand to type with.
Denny

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use the sylus without a screen protector, have you noticed any scratches from the stylus on the screen?
I use my Boxwave stylus without a screen protector. No scratches, or marks of any kind following using the stylus.
I still use quite a bit of screen cleaner though as there are times when I don't use the stylus.

Jipsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stylus

I've tried a stylus from Boxwave and one from Griffin. Out of the box the Griffin was better but both dragged.

On recommendation from here I tried a little talc but didn't really make much difference for me. Inspired by the use of baby products I nervously used a little bit of baby oil and that seems to have done the trick. Note that I use a screen protector that I can replace if I need to!

So a little baby oil and it glides really smoothly and so far no damage to screen protector.

Happy scribbling...

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i use a griffin stylus and love it,theres no drag problems,less fingerprints and typing is faster and more accurate.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
As a Brit visiting the US, I found a great, soft tipped stylus at a store called Target. It is made by Griffin and is like a small pen, complete with clip.
I find it very tactile and I'm even using it in one hand to type with.
Denny

i use that one,like it very much,less finger prints,easier and faster typing

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 on the ifaraday stylus. I bought the artist set after reading about them here. In addition to using them for drawing, I use them for writing on the screen. I bought Notetaker HD for my IPad, and the regular version for my IPod Touch. After a while my hand hurt from using my index finger too much, and holding a stylus feels more natural. The ifaraday models that I bought are a good length and thickness.

padnewbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for the Griffin. I got it when it was $7 on Amazon and I love it. It's very heavy and the tip is soft and I haven't had any issues with it. It's still cheaper on Amazon than Target.

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got myself the very same kit, from Stylus Sock, reviewed in the abovementioned test. Just love them! Sure, they have a very home made feel to them, but that's no problem with me. Have had no issues with scratching, nor aching wrists or fingers. And I use it everytime I'm on the pad. Which is almost always...

//Stefan

Most reactions

Latest posts