What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tip for stylus users

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I use a Boxwave stylus. It's a good stylus but sometimes sticks/drags a bit on the screen

A solution I've found is to dip the end in a little pot of talc. It then glides across the screen lovely!

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flotzie said:
Hi,
I use a Boxwave stylus. It's a good stylus but sometimes sticks/drags a bit on the screen

A solution I've found is to dip the end in a little pot of talc. It then glides across the screen lovely!

A little pot of what?

Question, does the iPad recognize a stylus as it would your finger, because my wife has a app that puts the photos in black n white and u draw what part of the pic u want color and sometimes the finger may to big to get too detail and we've noticed u can't really anything but the finger

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Talcum Powder.

A capacitive stylus works the same as your finger, but is better for drawing.

Type 'Boxwave Stylus' in Amazon search box.

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boxwave styra, the one with the pen....do u know if that stylus rubber tip is not as fat as the regular boxwave stylus?

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boxwave styra, the one with the pen....do u know if that stylus rubber tip is not as fat as the regular boxwave stylus?

Not quite sure.

This is the one I use

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ETU944/ref=oss_product"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/BoxWave-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus-Black/dp/B000BUI76S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I been using various one from 'Stylue-R-Us'. Little bit of a learning curve, but works great. I've been using their stylus since last November and will never go back.

haggisgirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 on Stylus-R-Us. I have two and never use my finger. It glides smoothly if you apply a light touch. I use it primarily for note taking.

OP
Flotzie

Flotzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I personally use my nose as I'm short-sighted (and have a BIG nose) ;-)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you use the sylus without a screen protector, have you noticed any scratches from the stylus on the screen?

Most reactions

Latest posts