What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a simple question for the people of the forum

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a simple question for the people here on the forum ..

could you live with just a ipad and your cell phone as your main source of internet connection to the outside world.

iam thinking about retirement for medical reason and packing everything up and moveing back home to AZ full time here in the next month or so

i have a friend who lives about 100 yards down the road from me where iam at in AZ has a home office set up in her barn for her work that she does and she was looking to hire me part time when it need ..but she did say that i could move my desktop to her office and connect it to the cable there and trade services here and there for use of the internet there if i did not want to work part time at the office ..she says as a perk that i can use the internet anytime i am not working on a project for her in the office or after work hours if i want ....

for the last couple of months she has been trying to get me to come work for her in the home office so i can help with some of her projects that she has going on at the time..

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it was me I would go for it,as for the outside world you have the lady you will be working for as a companion.

Al.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad is really designed to be supported by a PC. To save data ect. But if you had a PC you could sync to every once & awhile I would say me personally wouldn't miss my laptop for most tasks.....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could use it with limited access to a PC (you still need to backup and download stuff), but I've used it exclusively for weeks at a time with no PC around.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since she has an Internet connection, can one assume she also has at least one "real" computer? Why not use her computer (assuming she has one) to sync you iPad with? It can be kind of a pain to transfer from one library to another, but it can be done.

OP
henry2

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if i do this .iam going to take my ipad stand that i have for my desktop and take it down there and set up and use it that way ..

i basically update the ipad as it need through the itunes that way,

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the only thing I use my personal computer for is backing up my iPad. I have all of my work documents synced up to my iPad so when I travel my laptop stays in the office.

As far as Internet surfing I do all of it on my iPad.

Rcairncross76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for 3 weeks now and I have used my pc to print documents created on my iPad, don't need to now with AirPrint, and to sync my iPad. I would not miss my pc until i had to sync my iPad. I recommend taking the job and buying a cheap 2nd hand pc from eBay for backing up/syncing music on your iPad.

Most reactions