What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a question about stanza ereader app

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello-- I would like to transfer 2 purchased epub books on my ipod touch 4g to my new ipad 2. The 2 books were purchased through books on board in fall 2010 and I am unable to redownload them from the bookshelf on their webpage. I was wondering if I could transfer the 2 books through itunes via file sharing or perhaps another workaround. I am running the stanza app on both devices. Thanks in advance! :confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Providing the books are DRM free (not copy protected) you can load them into either the iBooks app or Stanza. For iBooks just import them into iTunes on the computer, and sync.

For Stanza, connect your iPad to the computer and select it in iTunes. Click on the Apps link at the top of the page. Scroll down the the File Sharing section, select Stanza, then add the books to the file window. No need to sync, the books are added to the iPad immediately.

You can also do this for iBooks if you don't want them in the iTunes library.

You can also mail the books to yourself. When the mail shows up on the iPad, tap on the attchement to download (if surrounded by a dotted line). Whne the attachement is ready, tap and hold on it. An menu should show up with Open In options. You should be able to choose between Stanza, iBooks, or other apps that will read the ePubs.

If you want the books in the iTunes libary and synced with iBooks, don't use the email method. It's been unrealiable when syncing books back to iTunes when books are added by email.

OP
C

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works!!!!

Thank you for the quick response. I used the 1st method transferred via file sharing on itunes. All I had to do was provide my credit card # and my name. I am overjoyed woo hoo! My next goal is to redownload ebooks purchased on ereader.com several years ago for an old palm device.
The problem here is that I cannot remember an old CC # but I will find a workaroud for that too!!! :D

OP
C

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
problem solved!

So I was also able to access all my ebooks purchased for my old palm device at ereader.com. I simply changed/updated my credit card info and now I am able to redownload these to my new ipad 2. This is great because I thought I would have to repurchase them. One is no longer in ebook format so this was really a treat. Happy reading for me and thanks
again for the help! :cool:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahh, did not realize you were an old ereader.com user. Me too. Stanza is the only way I know of to get at those books, and I have hundreds of them. (Well, maybe a hundred, close to that anyway.)

OP
C

cjoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoy!

Haapy reading! I am glad that Stanza is still around to help us with our older ebooks. I hope that it will continue to be supported. :)

arheedayat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.... I have ipad 2 IOS 4.3.3. And i need to download stanza 3.1 to read djvu files,coz stanza 3.2 only compatible for IOS 5.0.1. And i cant find stanza 3.1 in app store. Anybody know how to do that? Thanx before...guys...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, if you've never had Stanza before, you can only get the current version available in the App Store. There is no other way to get an older version. Sorry.

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haapy reading! I am glad that Stanza is still around to help us with our older ebooks. I hope that it will continue to be supported. :)

Amazon, which bought Stanza, has said that the latest upgrade will be the last one. It looks like Stanza's days are numbered, unfortunately. It's a shame, because I've always liked it.

Most reactions

Latest posts