What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about service

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I buy an ipad in America, if I found a problem, do you reckon I could take it to a store in the UK?
Cheers

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dobbey said:
If I buy an ipad in America, if I found a problem, do you reckon I could take it to a store in the UK?
Cheers

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

The UK store is under no obligation to do anything for you. Your sales contract is with the US store, and their trading laws will be different.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tokkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked Apple about this and the representative told me that warranty is a worldwide service?

Here in Europe a lot of people are getting their iPad's from the States, I guess they won't do this if warranty would be an issue.

Last edited:

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The warranty would be with Apple. In UK, the consumer rights put an obligation on the retailer to sell you goods fit for purpose and free of defect etc. for a minimum of 12months, the 'guarantee'. Therefore most buyers in UK don't need to bother with the manufacture's warranty. However, the retailer only has an obligation for items it's sold you, normally bound with proof of purchase.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know the answer, but I bought my iPhone 4 while on assignment in Asia, dropped it on return to the U.S., took it to a U.S. Apple store and they replaced it for free, without ever asking where I bought it. I don't have AppleCare, either, and I told them the truth about the phone having fallen.

Most reactions

Latest posts