What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question About Nook

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded the Nook app and have been trying to create an account so that I can purchase books. The problem is that I keep getting a message that says that the app cannot connect to the Barnes & Noble website. Is anyone else having this problem?

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked my app and I can connect to the store. Maybe your newly downloaded app is complying with the July 1 rule of no in-app purchases without 30 per cent to Apple. B& N may now want you to go to their website on your own to download books. Ugh, Apple's greed will make everything difficult for us!

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going directly to the website and create the account, then try to log in from the app.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
emm said:
I just checked my app and I can connect to the store. Maybe your newly downloaded app is complying with the July 1 rule of no in-app purchases without 30 per cent to Apple. B& N may now want you to go to their website on your own to download books. Ugh, Apple's greed will make everything difficult for us!

While I appreciate your attempt at helping me with this issue, I don't understand why you think that Apple taking 30% is greedy. They have designed and built a product that a lot of people find value with. Also, I can tell you that they've taken 30% way prior to July 1. I know this because they were doing it last year when I looked into developing an app for the iPhone. If Apple doesn't make a profit, they go out of business and that doesn't do anyone any good.

Most reactions

Latest posts