1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

A professional photographer awaiting the iPad...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Isaac Newton, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings,

I'm new to the forum & will enjoy visiting often. I'm anxiously awaiting April 3rd where I will be among the many Star Wars, Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Gattica,Hal from 2001, MST3000 & tech fans alike (grin) standing in line to receive "The Beast"...as I like to call it.

As a photographer I've got so many uses for the iPad, I'm just glad it's almost here.

I look forward to educating myself with data collected from the other "Jed-iPadsters" .

Be Ez mates
  2. AbblePC

AbblePC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome aboard Isaac Newton, so how's the "gravity" on the waiting, sounds like your on par with me at least.

I've been anticipating this thing for a long long time now and one of the few believers that the iPad would have surfaced before the iPhones had the screen tech been there during initial R&D. However, the best one ended up out of the starting gate, but at least the iPhone and iPod Touch aren't the only two horses in the race now.

Sorry, I gotta say it.. I-Sac Newton.. so now you should use a sig like I-bag-iPad. ooohh lame I know :eek:

Im with you on the whole Star Trek thing... in fact watching a re-run of a Next Generation last evening, I couldn't help but think that the iPad was much sexier than the doctors medical pads with their static looking mock up screens, lol. :)

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  3. Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    (Grin)...way funny AbblePC I-Sac Newton! I will come up with about 4,000 tags before long. I just registered with the forum tonite! :) a virtual noob.

I too think the iPad will bring sexy back to a great many steps in numerous professions. Can you imagine the waiters in restaurants, hotel room service & Twitter alerts from stores that want to inform a hoard of waiting customers in line what "number" they have been given to receive their goods/services instead of "buzzers"!

iSleep little till the 3rd!
  4. AbblePC

AbblePC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    heh, heh, I only said that obviously because of the Apple Newton, for those out there that weren't aware of the iPad's predecessor.

[​IMG]
  5. jwookie

jwookie iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Howdy iNewton!

Welcome from Sunny So. California!
  6. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    You actually have a working mint condition newton????

I can't imagine what that thing is worth now to a collector.
  7. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Never heard of the newton. Welcome to the site!:)
  8. Isaac Newton

Isaac Newton iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Jwookie...How ya'll doin in Cali? (Typical Texas greeting (grin). Thanks for the welcome my friend.
  9. cimousa

cimousa Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It's a pretty popular device :p [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc3JzS0K3ys]YouTube - Newton Simpsons[/ame]
  10. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yup, 15 years ago...lol