What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A PC is by far the best...

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
... external hard drive that happens to be able to run iTunes.

Am I alone in this? I don't even use my computer any more - he just runs iTunes, converts videos and downloads Football*. I guess in the near future he will be a print server.

I hardly even look at my computer any more, I just log in with iTeleport. I seriously thought about putting it in the attic if WIFI syncing becomes available.

*I live in Switzerland and downloading is legal, and until the NFL figures out a way to sell me the games for a buck or two, they can bite me.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I definitely do a lot less on the PC now, and I have completely eliminated the smart phone. I still use it to make Power Point, Excel and Word docs, play games and occaisional flash content, java or other things I cant do on the iPad, or where the use of a mouse and additional screen real estate is beneficial. I wish I could ditch iTunes on the PC completely- I dont see why we need to sync to another device.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still too much of a hardcore gamer to stop using the desktop PC, and I can't stand the kiddie sized game pad things on Consoles. Although I have a PS3 for a couple of exclusive games.

Of course I am also a developer, and even the smartphones require a computer to create Apps. Until mobile devices become self hosting, a desktop or at least a laptop OS will be necessary.

andsoitgoes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
... external hard drive that happens to be able to run iTunes.

Am I alone in this? I don't even use my computer any more - he just runs iTunes, converts videos and downloads Football*. I guess in the near future he will be a print server.

I hardly even look at my computer any more, I just log in with iTeleport. I seriously thought about putting it in the attic if WIFI syncing becomes available.

*I live in Switzerland and downloading is legal, and until the NFL figures out a way to sell me the games for a buck or two, they can bite me.

hahaha - I adore this post. I'm exactly the same. I'm sort of disabled and can't sit right now, so I use iTap or iTeleport (depending on the access I need) to do pretty much everything on my computer. The only time I use it is to sync my iPad and if I NEED to do some multi window switching for bills or something.

You know that lady who married the eifel tower?

I kinda want to do that with my iPad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mac mini + iPads = silence, small footprint and small electricity bill.

Most reactions

Latest posts