1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

A PC is by far the best...

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by NumbLock, Sep 23, 2010.

1. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    ... external hard drive that happens to be able to run iTunes.

Am I alone in this? I don't even use my computer any more - he just runs iTunes, converts videos and downloads Football*. I guess in the near future he will be a print server.

I hardly even look at my computer any more, I just log in with iTeleport. I seriously thought about putting it in the attic if WIFI syncing becomes available.

*I live in Switzerland and downloading is legal, and until the NFL figures out a way to sell me the games for a buck or two, they can bite me.
  2. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I definitely do a lot less on the PC now, and I have completely eliminated the smart phone. I still use it to make Power Point, Excel and Word docs, play games and occaisional flash content, java or other things I cant do on the iPad, or where the use of a mouse and additional screen real estate is beneficial. I wish I could ditch iTunes on the PC completely- I dont see why we need to sync to another device.
  3. jaybrass73

jaybrass73 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pretty much redundant now, save for iTunes backup etc
  4. wrecklass

wrecklass iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am still too much of a hardcore gamer to stop using the desktop PC, and I can't stand the kiddie sized game pad things on Consoles. Although I have a PS3 for a couple of exclusive games.

Of course I am also a developer, and even the smartphones require a computer to create Apps. Until mobile devices become self hosting, a desktop or at least a laptop OS will be necessary.
  5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahaha - I adore this post. I'm exactly the same. I'm sort of disabled and can't sit right now, so I use iTap or iTeleport (depending on the access I need) to do pretty much everything on my computer. The only time I use it is to sync my iPad and if I NEED to do some multi window switching for bills or something.

You know that lady who married the eifel tower?

I kinda want to do that with my iPad.
  6. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Mac mini + iPads = silence, small footprint and small electricity bill.