What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice clamcase alternative!

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Jrooney said:
I am thinking it is just non-keyboard model otherwise I really like it. There's probably an easy fix ... Maybe to do with rubber pads that came with it and don't know where to place them.

I had that concern previously but have gotten used to getting it out. I understand that the pads go on the flat bottom at the corners, not on the inside (my first assumption).

Jrooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah thanks. I figured that out after lots more reading but I still thinking they might beagood pivot pint inside in 4 spots on middle plastic hinge ... I put them on bottom ...

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FYI - those (4) little clear-like feet are just that - rubber feet to put on the bottom of the ZaggMate (in the corners). THese help to a) keep the ZaggMate from sliding around and b) to help avoid scratches on the bottom of the ZaggMate.

unfortunately, the adhesive they used is the wrong kind and the feet tend to slide around and fall off. Against others advice, I put a drop of Krazy Glue on each foot and put them in place - they haven't budged since!

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
FYI - those (4) little clear-like feet are just that - rubber feet to put on the bottom of the ZaggMate (in the corners). THese help to a) keep the ZaggMate from sliding around and b) to help avoid scratches on the bottom of the ZaggMate.

unfortunately, the adhesive they used is the wrong kind and the feet tend to slide around and fall off. Against others advice, I put a drop of Krazy Glue on each foot and put them in place - they haven't budged since!
Since the residual adhesive would prevent the crazy glue from adhering well as it could to the bare rubber, I'm curious if you did anything to clean the old adhesive off the feet before applying the crazy glue.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slothead said:
Since the residual adhesive would prevent the crazy glue from adhering well as it could to the bare rubber, I'm curious if you did anything to clean the old adhesive off the feet before applying the crazy glue.

I think most of the old adhesive was already gone in my case, but I really didn't do anything special to the feet prior to adding the KrazyGlue. Like I said, i think that the key is to just use the smallest amount of KrazyGlue as possible...

leneo34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
z3olyte.com
the design of this clamcase looks odd... maybe I need to see more pictures for a better angle because I'm not really sure what I'm looking at :D

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leneo34 said:
the design of this clamcase looks odd... maybe I need to see more pictures for a better angle because I'm not really sure what I'm looking at :D

The clam case looks nice, but personally, I don't think it is as functional as the ZaggMate. You can't use the ClamCase with the iPad in portrait mode for one (while still using the keyboard). Also, you'd have to remove the iPad from the case, turn it around and then re-insert it into the ClamCase for those apps that only support one landscape mode (with the ZaggMate, i just lift it up and turn it over).

And probably the biggest advantage of the ZaggMate - it's easily attainable!!!! Plus, I like using my iPad "naked" when i don't need the keyboard - something the ZaggMate is perfect for - the ClamCase adds a lot of bulk and weight when you don't need the keyboard...

Just some things to think about....

Most reactions

Latest posts