What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice clamcase alternative!

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of Zaggmates, does anyone have a "discount code" for it? On the Zaggmate "checkout page" there is space to put a discount code in for some sort of deal. (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

Previously, on Zagg's website, you could sign up for their newsletter (it's a contest now) by clicking on the link at the bottom right of the screen. On your signup confirmation email, you would get a coupon code for a random discount between 20 and 50%.

I'm not sure if they're still giving out coupon codes with this new iPad lucky draw promo, though, but it could be worth a try. Alternatively just Google "Zagg coupon code" and check out any of the coupon sites.

Red Rover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the zaggmate and desktop connect to remote into my work laptop which is in my office in a docking station. I work at various locations in my fire department throughout my day. I carry the little iPad now instead of the heavy dell laptop. the combo works vey well and the keyboard is just fine for my needs. the biggest shortcoming for me is no print screen key which i tend to use a lot. the zaggmate is totally adequate and i am using it every day. it's not like a full computer keyboard, but it is much better than the screen keyboard on the iPad when working with a document.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Speaking of Zaggmates, does anyone have a "discount code" for it? On the Zaggmate "checkout page" there is space to put a discount code in for some sort of deal. (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

Previously, on Zagg's website, you could sign up for their newsletter (it's a contest now) by clicking on the link at the bottom right of the screen. On your signup confirmation email, you would get a coupon code for a random discount between 20 and 50%.

I'm not sure if they're still giving out coupon codes with this new iPad lucky draw promo, though, but it could be worth a try. Alternatively just Google "Zagg coupon code" and check out any of the coupon sites.
They aren't. I asked when I ordered mine yesterday and was told that the Zaggmate no longer qualifies. Thanks for the report though.

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I use the zaggmate and desktop connect to remote into my work laptop which is in my office in a docking station. I work at various locations in my fire department throughout my day. I carry the little iPad now instead of the heavy dell laptop. the combo works vey well and the keyboard is just fine for my needs. the biggest shortcoming for me is no print screen key which i tend to use a lot. the zaggmate is totally adequate and i am using it every day. it's not like a full computer keyboard, but it is much better than the screen keyboard on the iPad when working with a document.
Red, I am curious about your set-up because it sounds ideal. We can take this off-thread if you prefer, but I'd like to hear all about it one way or another. Thanks, Tom

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a case like the kensington case (leather with flap and keyboard integrated) and it works well for traveling. I just like having everything in one piece, so the Zaggmate iis really unappealing to me. I like being able to just flip it open and use it like an iPad when I need to, but easily being able to set it on the desk with the keyboard ready when I need it that way. I'm really pleased with the other options which are coming out lately, so that is a good thing.

I use Logmein to connect to my desktop and access things that way. There are a couple other options, but I've been using Logmein for years and really like it. I use it from my iPad as well as from my G2.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my clamcase hasnt arrived, so at the moment its probably the best keyboard case!

Didn't the Zaggmate keyboard case just win an award?
Ive used it. it was ok, just really clunky, feels really cheap and it looks pretty bad!

you got one ? I've had one on order for two months and they don't even reply with when they are going to ship. Guess it's time to cancel order and look for something else, too bad seemed like a good idea.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw one (made by Rocket Fish) at my local best buy and boy is that thing ugly. I think the best alternative to Clamcas is the Crux 360 Case for iPad

Just looked at this doesn't look like they are shipping, so wonder if they will end up like ClamCase, lots of pre-order but not be able to deliver.

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming they actually focus-grouped it... To me, this is taking a huge step backwards, design-wise.

my clamcase hasnt arrived, so at the moment its probably the best keyboard case!

In same boat, not sure ClamCase is going to be able to deliver( mines been on order for 3 months). Crux360 looks like a good alternative but i checked their web site and they are taking pre-orders so not sure I would end up any better off. At this point just canceling my Clamcase order and going to forget about this for a while and revisit when one of these guys has actually shipped product to enough people to get a feeling for how they rate it.

Last edited:

LGgeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for the review.

LKH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
could anyone tell me when this wonderfull tool is availeble with Danish symbols for danish users. This is a must have item on the agenda. Helpful and usefull. Thanks in advance

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You guys are way too patient. If I ordered something and it didn't look like anything was going to happen in a few weeks, I'll cancel it already and look elsewhere.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for the Zaggmate! It's here NOW and it works great (I've had mine for months now - absolutely LOVE it).

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the keyboard model. I don't find it too difficult to get the iPad out of the case though...

Jrooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
I'm using the keyboard model. I don't find it too difficult to get the iPad out of the case though...

I am thinking it is just non-keyboard model otherwise I really like it. There's probably an easy fix ... Maybe to do with rubber pads that came with it and don't know where to place them.

Most reactions