What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice clamcase alternative!

ipadfanatic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw one (made by Rocket Fish) at my local best buy and boy is that thing ugly. I think the best alternative to Clamcas is the Crux 360 Case for iPad

OP
S

Samberoony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw one (made by Rocket Fish) at my local best buy and boy is that thing ugly. I think the best alternative to Clamcas is the Crux 360 Case for iPad

ill check it out! what do you think of the website?

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I think we just talked about this (except the iPad was shown in the vertical), and some (myself included) felt that it compromised the small size purpose of the iPad. What do you think makes it look "military?" It certainly isn't ruggedized!

OP
S

Samberoony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we just talked about this (except the iPad was shown in the vertical), and some (myself included) felt that it compromised the small size purpose of the iPad. What do you think makes it look "military?" It certainly isn't ruggedized!

this probably sounds stupid, but it looks like the bomb activators on call of duty!

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blech... yeah, I saw one of those and they are really ugly. Since everybody likes to bitch about anything that adds an ounce of weight to the iPad or any extra size, I can't believe anybody got this past focus groups and into production.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming they actually focus-grouped it... To me, this is taking a huge step backwards, design-wise.

OP
S

Samberoony

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming they actually focus-grouped it... To me, this is taking a huge step backwards, design-wise.

my clamcase hasnt arrived, so at the moment its probably the best keyboard case!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive used it. it was ok, just really clunky, feels really cheap and it looks pretty bad!

Weird. It won a CES 2011 Design and Engineering Innovations Award, 2011 MacWorld Best of Show, and Beatweek Magazine's Keyboard of the Year. It also seems pretty well-liked by the people that have purchased them on the forum. I've never handled one myself...

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
my clamcase hasnt arrived, so at the moment its probably the best keyboard case!

Didn't the Zaggmate keyboard case just win an award?
Speaking of Zaggmates, does anyone have a "discount code" for it? On the Zaggmate "checkout page" there is space to put a discount code in for some sort of deal. (sorry to hi-jack the thread)

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score

this probably sounds stupid, but it looks like the bomb activators on call of duty!

Lol yes, yes it does!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive used it. it was ok, just really clunky, feels really cheap and it looks pretty bad!

Weird. It won a CES 2011 Design and Engineering Innovations Award, 2011 MacWorld Best of Show, and Beatweek Magazine's Keyboard of the Year. It also seems pretty well-liked by the people that have purchased them on the forum. I've never handled one myself...

Yeah it is what I am using now, it is a bit clunky but you get used to it and if I want to not use keybord I just take Ipad back out, it isnt hard to do. I do like it tho works really well.

Most reactions

Latest posts