What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A nice apple story

Kaya3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dh's boss left his iPad on the roof of his car over the weekend, and drove off by mistake. The iPad flew off the car and smashed. It was dead! Screen shattered, wouldn't turn on, etc. Dh convinced him to go the apple store and explain what happened. He was skeptical, but dh just kept telling hm to. Finally, he went, and they replaced his 64gb ipad2 free of charge. No questions asked. And he was totally. Honest with them about what happened. He even said "I know it's my fault". So now, dh's boss has been kissing dh's but :).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear. Many Members have found that Apple have a 'once in a lifetime', 'replace it for free', 'even if it's your fault' policy. And I'm sure it pays off in the long run. Satisfied customers tell other satisfied customers; word spreads and - guess what - they sell even more iPads.

Great customer service pays off - I just wish other companies would realise that!!

Tim

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yes apple know how to keep their customers and as you said Tim get more customers in the process,i had occasion to phone apple as i had taken back my ipad2 b,cos of strong vibration when charging,i paid an extra £80 for another as they didn't have another 16gb in the shop,it was doing the same thing and i know that if you charge it with the mbp cable it stops it but it was inconvenient to have one cable for two devices,i explained all this to apple,they said they would send me a free cable,this was thursday afternoon,it arrived saturday morning,thats what i call service.

kesford12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently shattered the screen on my iPad due to falling down the stairs...apple did not even touch on fixing it, they just told me it would cost $369 for a new one. I am very disappointed with their customer service. Everyone I've spoken with has had an accident with their iPad and gotten it replaced for free. I told the worker at the genius bar and she did not want to hear of it. I will be speaking with apple directly about their customer service and hopefully this won't happen to anybody else.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple seems to be tapering off on the free replacements, which were only a courtesy extended at store and sales people's discretion.

I think even the discounted replacement price is generous. If I bought a car, totaled it and the dealership was willing to sell me a replacement at a fraction of new-car price, I'd be thrilled.

Most reactions