What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a new thicko.

ilovemydogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi my name is Linda . got a new ipad for my birthday from my lovely hubby. not being a gadget freak like he is i am a complete novice. thinking he had bought it for himself under the guise of a present it has come as a shock that he has gone nowhere near it. hence i have to learn all about it myself. game for anything . so here i am.
my nephew pointed me in this direction. hope everything isn't to hard to understand. he told me to tell you all i am a bit thick and you will welcome me with open arms. ha ha.
i have great big eat everything in sight son and 2 smashing dogs. and that's me in a nutshell.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! (You can delete your age if you want to!)

I have 6 eat everything in sight dogs!!

Sounds like you have a very smart nephew, but when you get some free time when you are not cooking for your 22 year old, you might want to download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --
Apple - Support - Manuals

ipad_manual.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad User Guide can also be downloaded right on the iPad itself.

In the iBooks app go to Store and search for, well, iPad User Guide. Once you download it it will be right in iBook library--and as a book anot a PDF. :)

Michael

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! Thick-headed noobs are what we do best.

I betcha my guinea pigs eat less than your dogs, but more by body weight!

OP
ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks very much i am going to attempt the straight to ipad version.
and 6 eat everything dogs.????? your a legend you must be eating fur balls ha ha

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a comedian (I don't remember who) once said, "Dog hair is a condiment in our house!"

OP
ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i got the user guide on the ipad this morning. it's a lot better than having to carry the printed out version my hubby did for me and while i was testing things out it went bck to the place i left off. very impressed i was.
the dog in the pic is stunning. i can see he would cause a great big jar of condiment . i have a beagle and a basett.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the dog in the picture was my special boy Kodiak who died 2 years ago at almost 15 years old so I use his picture as my avatar as a tribute to him. The current brood constsists of 2 white male Siberians, a female Siberian and a female Malamute, a female Rough Collie mix of some sort and a female Catahoula Leopard Dog, all of whom were rescued from shelters or puppy mills.

Why do we have 6 dogs? Because we don't have 7... yet!

OP
ilovemydogs

ilovemydogs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
7 is a lucky number and it seems like the chosen dog would be a very lucky dog.what's a little more fur. lol

Most reactions