What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Man of Wealth and Taste?

rdclark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dunno about that, but please allow me to introduce myself anyway.

Stood in line Friday at Christiana Mall DE Apple Store, and was pleased to snag the white 64GB Verizon that I'd decided on, along with the camera adapter, HDMI adapter, and a navy blue smart cover.

I decided on the iPad as an general upgrade and consolidation of gadgets. Since I don't own or want a smart phone (the Tracfone I pay about $50 per year for is all I need for voice comms), the iPad will replace the other gizmos I usually carry around in my bag -- still camera, Creative Vado video camera, maybe even the old 60GB G4 iPod.

It also replaces my Acer netbook, and the 2nd Kindle I now don't have to buy for my wife.

What sold me on the iPad was mostly Garage Band and iMovie. Not just the apps themselves (although I will make much use of them), but the realization that Apple is a leading developer of elegant software solutions that integrate seamlessly with their hardware, and at this stage in my life -- I'm about to turn 60 -- there's a real benefit to simplicity and robustness in personal electronics, and I can afford to pay for it.

So I'm pleased to join the ranks and look forward to learning all about the (no doubt) immense untapped potential of my new device.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the iPad over my old Acer Netbook...Please don't get me wrong, it was good, but the iPad is GREAT!!!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rdclark, welcome to the ipad forum and congratulations on your ipad2 purchase, hopefully the hardware and software integration will let you live life to the smooth

Most reactions

Latest posts