A list app

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Pauley, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Pauley

Pauley
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am looking for an app so I can make a shopping list. It needs to be cross platform from my iPad to an android phone. Something very simple. Kind of like the iPads notes app. I would also like it to sync automatically to my android phone..anyone have an idea of what is good? Oh, free is also good....thank you.

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Our Groceries is free, syncs across OS and has very good ratings. Here's the link to the App Store:

Our Groceries Shopping List by HeadCode
    https://appsto.re/us/hEbBt.i

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I havn't used it myself, but Remember The Milk used to get a lot of good reviews, and is cross platform, with a website to back it up.

Some other suggestions, for a bit more than to-do lists.

Back when I had both Android and iOS, I used Toodledo. There apps for both platforms and a web interface. Lots of features.

Todoist is another, similar, service that I've heard good things about, but never used myself.

Evernote can be used on both platforms. While not specifically a to-to list, it's easy to make notes that have checkmark list. You can also treat entire notes as todo items, with reminders and such.

All are overkill for a grocery list, but pretty much any cross platform todo app you're likely to find will be. It's a lot of effort to make things cross platform, and developers seem to be loath to go to that much effort to sync simple lists. :)

4. alicepattinson

alicepattinson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Apps? Try searching on google for reference. It'll be much easier to for an app that you prefer or like.