What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good keyboard for the ipad?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the AWK and OW. Love the AWK. Only thing I wish the OW had was a way to lock the iPad in place like it does the keyboard, but otherwise its solid.

The advantage of the design is that it allows both the generations of the iPad and iPads with and without cases to fit.

Yes, that's one reason I like the AWK. I'd like to avoid buying separate accessories for 1, 2 and so on, if I stick with iPads down the road. I also like that the origami case will work with different iPad cases, and can be quickly grabbed or left at home.

OP
O

ohradio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't plan on owning multiple iPads, so I'd prefer that the iPad snap in. I didn't use the OW that much but it seems to get the job done. The AWK is sexy, not going to lie.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't plan on owning multiple iPads, so I'd prefer that the iPad snap in. I didn't use the OW that much but it seems to get the job done. The AWK is sexy, not going to lie.

I understand your point of view. However, from the manufacturer's standpoint having a single product that works with multiple models is a big advantage in terms of costs...And those cost savings get passed on (at least partially) to the consumer.

OP
O

ohradio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah no doubt, having it fit for both the Ipad1 and Ipad2 is smart. I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a product like this.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh yeah no doubt, having it fit for both the Ipad1 and Ipad2 is smart. I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a product like this.

You and me, both. But in the absence of a corporate Apple offering, there is now a folio designed to hold both the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the iPad. For those who want a somewhat more elegant solution than the Origami Workstation this appears to be viable offering.

http://www.isound.net/shop-by-type/c...-for-ipad.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts