What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of questions

JayJah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I've never developed an app before, but just have a couple of quick questions in relation to an idea I have.

1. Is there anyway to establish, at the outset, whether an concept may be fundamentally unacceptable into the app store, in order to avoid wasted dev costs?

2. Is it possible to bolt additional functionality onto safari, say an improved bookmarking system,or would any such app have to be completely standalone?

Thanks!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi JayJah-welcome to the forum. Your question is way over my head, but certainly others with the same understanding will join in to help you. :)

PrinceOfWales

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) there is a list on the apple dev site of reasons why they may reject an app one of them is, along the lines of, for any reason that they desire

2) it is not possible to make an add on to the existing safari app but you can use the safari kit in your standalone app

pyxiapps.com

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey JayJah

Yup PrinceOfWales is correct in both instances.

The main things for you to consider with your application and if Apple will approve it are things like;
Will it interfere with the operating system?,
Will it use excessive battery life?
Does it meet the basic guidelines (is it legal, does no mallicious code etc)

These are the basics but as PrinceOfWales mentioned they can pretty much reject the app for any reason they like. Why? Because they can lol.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts