What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

99 Cent Thrillers!

charles.shea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Authors, please join me in posting your $0.99 cent novels here. Readers, I hope you'll enjoy discovering these inexpensive and entertaining novels.

I'd like to suggest the following:

THE SHRUNKEN HEAD MURDERS

Whoever said that sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me, was wrong. Words, when used skillfully, can kill.

The Shrunken Head Murders is a story about the murder trial of Donny Snelling. He’s a former Marine Corps Lieutenant, just home from Afghanistan, and is suffering from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He went to war healthy, but he came home with wounds no one can see. Donny is defended by Amy Strong, a very successful criminal defense attorney with an Atlanta law firm.

The evidence shows that Donny committed the brutal murder of 18 year old Bridget Dooley. Criminal defense attorneys make a living with their mouths and Amy uses hers brilliantly. She combines intelligence with eloquence, and is able to convince the jury that he was temporarily insane at the time of the murder. Amy’s outstanding performance results in Donny not having to pay for his crime. The fact that he was not sent to the electric chair made a lot of people very angry…one of them was angry enough to kill.

If Amy had known the consequences of winning that particular acquittal, she never would have taken the case. When the blame for the injustice of Donny’s acquittal is placed on Amy, it turns out she literally talked herself to death.

Detective Tom Brikler with the Atlanta Homicide Unit is tasked with finding Amy’s killer. He has to employ every ounce of his investigative skills as he hunts for the killer. Of course Brikler doesn’t hunt alone; he has help from his lover Nicki Martin, who just happens to be a detective with the Dekalb County Homicide Unit. Together they make their way through the maze of twists and turns on the trail of The Shrunken Head killer.

DEFENDING EVIL

Have you ever wondered how a trial lawyer can sleep at night after helping a client he/she knows is guilty, beat the legal system? I have. Have you ever wondered how an attorney would feel if that same recently acquitted client kills a second time? Again, I have, and these very questions prompted me to write a dark mystery/thriller about just such an attorney…I call it DEFENDING EVIL.

Travis Knight is an extraordinary Criminal Defense Attorney winning high profile cases in Atlanta. One of his recently acquitted clients kills again, which has Travis and his wife Julie, questioning what he does for a living. Travis is shaken to his core, but being a consummate lawyer, he is able to move past his feelings of guilt; Julie isn’t.

In a bizarre twist, a mysterious vigilante begins executing Travis’ clients after he wins them an acquittal. This righteous vigilante decides that the clients Travis is helping to put back into society are guilty, and don't deserve to live - the vigilante delivers ultimate justice.

The police only half-heartedly search for the vigilante; off the record, they are glad someone is cleaning-up after the hot-shot attorney.

The vigilante's attention turns to the source, and sends Travis an ultimatum: stop defending guilty clients or he will be the next to be executed. Risking his life, and his marriage, Travis refuses to be intimidated, and continues to defend clients accused of murder.

This story chronicles the labyrinth of high-speed twists and turns of a deadly cat-and-mouse game…a game that can end with only one winner.

Both ebooks are available for 99 cents at most major online ebook stores.

Enjoy!

Charles Shea

Last edited:
OP
C

charles.shea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks to all the readers that purchased my iBooks this week!

Charles Shea

Most reactions

Latest posts