What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9 Out Of 10 Mothers Want an iPad Instead of Flowers For Mothers’ Day

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Mothers_Day.JPG

Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Apple 2.0 reports today on a new survey from shopping website TechBargains.com that says that 91% of mothers who responded to the survey said that they would rather have an iPad than a bunch of flowers, which is what the other 9% went for, given the choice. However, the survey also found that it doesn’t look like many of those iPad-craving moms will actually get their heart’s desire, with 59% of respondents saying that they are not going to spend more than $50 on their moms (which they might just be able to buy an iPad case with), 27% of those polled saying that they intend to give their mother flowers this year, and 33% saying they’re not going to give them anything at all! As DeWitt notes though, the survey does contradict itself a lot, saying that most mothers don’t want their children to spend more than $50 on them for Mothers’ Day, and only 18% are expecting to get a gift that costs more than $250.

Source: Mothers Day: 9 out of 10 moms would prefer an iPad to flowers - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah... Apple is costing me serious $$$ every year now. iPad 2 for Mothers day 2011 and an iPad (3rd Gen) for 2012. At this rate, I can just about budget $700 every year for my April order.

alxb577

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a really accurate survy because the two items being compared aren't really equal in value.

jessiluvsuxox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
Yeah... Apple is costing me serious $$$ every year now. iPad 2 for Mothers day 2011 and an iPad (3rd Gen) for 2012. At this rate, I can just about budget $700 every year for my April order.

Yup

Most reactions

Latest posts