What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9.0.2 and iTunes

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the 9.0.2 IOS. My iTunes library is on my husband's desktop, which has a Vista operating system. I now get an error message on iTunes telling me it doesn't recognize my iPad....so I'm screwed for lack of a better word. My husband has already told me he's not getting the cd to change to a Windows operating system. So do I have any options here?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the 9.0.2 IOS. My iTunes library is on my husband's desktop, which has a Vista operating system. I now get an error message on iTunes telling me it doesn't recognize my iPad....so I'm screwed for lack of a better word. My husband has already told me he's not getting the cd to change to a Windows operating system. So do I have any options here?

Hello - well, Vista is a Windows Operating system, although a somewhat controversial well - I had the MS OS on my previous Dell Windows laptop - I'm not sure 'how' you updated to iOS 9.0.2 (presumed OTA, i.e. 'over the air'?), but make sure that he has the newest Windows version of iTunes on his computer and also 'Reset' your iPad (if not familiar w/ the procedure, hold down both the ON-OFF & HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release and allow the device to reboot) - try to re-connect to your husband's desktop - if unsuccessful, please post back for additional advice. Good luck - Dave :)

OP
P

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Dave. Not sure what you mean by OTA. I was connected to iTunes on the desktop when I upgraded. We do have the latest version of iTunes. Like I said, the message I get says I need at least Windows 7 to have my iPad recognized. I will try your suggestion however.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you Dave. Not sure what you mean by OTA. I was connected to iTunes on the desktop when I upgraded. We do have the latest version of iTunes. Like I said, the message I get says I need at least Windows 7 to have my iPad recognized. I will try your suggestion however.

Hi again - an iPad can be updated over a Wi-Fi network w/o being attached to iTunes, i.e. 'over the air' - I'm no longer a Windows user (last experience was XP & Vista - now on Macs), so not the right person to ask about the 'compatibility' issues between Windows iTunes, Windows versions, and the recent iOSs - hopefully, someone w/ experience in these matters will 'chime-in' to help. Dave :)

OP
P

pugsbuni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well thank you anyways. I will still try your suggestion.

Most reactions

Latest posts