What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:(

justdoit89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good Morning guys:), I'm having trouble setting up my iPad.......can someone tell me how I can send text messages from my iPad? Please

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are various apps that allow you to text and call. If you are looking for those, please search the App Store.
There is one built in app for the Apple products (aside computer and laptops). Its called iMessage, which allows you to text other people with an Apple product, or phone. If your device is updated to iOS 5.1 it looks like a green background, with a chat bubble. It is entitled Messages.

Reaction score
A posting tip for you - put more information in your message title. Many viewers don't read each post, but rather just scan the titles. If the title doesn't catch their attention, they won't read the post, and therefore won't respond.

Cheers!

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
City said:
There are various apps that allow you to text and call. If you are looking for those, please search the App Store.
There is one built in app for the Apple products (aside computer and laptops). Its called iMessage, which allows you to text other people with an Apple product, or phone. If your device is updated to iOS 5.1 it looks like a green background, with a chat bubble. It is entitled Messages.

Just to clarify these comments, the above mentioned apps are for communication via the Internet, ie chat messages, etc. proper SMS text messaging through cellular connection is not possible. iMessage integrates both on an iPhone, but the iPad cannot send a direct to any phone text message. This is especially true of a wifi only model, as it does not have the cellular components installed.

In the same vein only VOIP style calls can be made, for example Skype, not traditional cellular calling.

Most reactions

Latest posts