:(

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by justdoit89, Jun 19, 2012.

1. justdoit89

justdoit89 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Morning guys:), I'm having trouble setting up my iPad.......can someone tell me how I can send text messages from my iPad? Please

2. City

City iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    There are various apps that allow you to text and call. If you are looking for those, please search the App Store.
    There is one built in app for the Apple products (aside computer and laptops). Its called iMessage, which allows you to text other people with an Apple product, or phone. If your device is updated to iOS 5.1 it looks like a green background, with a chat bubble. It is entitled Messages.

3. justdoit89

justdoit89 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much :)......

4. HKey_Current_User

HKey_Current_User iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    A posting tip for you - put more information in your message title. Many viewers don't read each post, but rather just scan the titles. If the title doesn't catch their attention, they won't read the post, and therefore won't respond.

Cheers!

5. AdmiralAdama

AdmiralAdama Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
    Ratings:
    +629 / 0
    Interesting. When I saw the post I had to open the thread to find out what somebody was so bummed out about that their opening line was a frown.

AA

6. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +201 / 0
    Just to clarify these comments, the above mentioned apps are for communication via the Internet, ie chat messages, etc. proper SMS text messaging through cellular connection is not possible. iMessage integrates both on an iPhone, but the iPad cannot send a direct to any phone text message. This is especially true of a wifi only model, as it does not have the cellular components installed.

In the same vein only VOIP style calls can be made, for example Skype, not traditional cellular calling.